DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Programming with a synth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> BEGINNERS QUESTIONS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benny

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Programming with a synth Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

I read in an other thread that King Jammy maybe used a Casio CZ-101 for his production but you can't make a riddim with this device right? You need to have a multitrack sequencer on your keyboard to do so ?

Thanks for light my beginner way...
Neil C

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Programming with a synth Reply with quote

As far as I can see from this
http://www.vintagesynth.com/casio/cz101.shtml

it doesn't have any kind of on-board sequencer - so if you want to automate playback on it then you'll need to connect an external sequencer to it.
And according to the info on that link you can only make it play 4 different sounds at the same time ('4 monophonic multitimbral parts').

You could, though, play (electronic) percussive sounds on it yourself (with the keyboard) if you wanted.
benny

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Programming with a synth Reply with quote

Thanks Neil C, I think that external sequencer is the best solution for me.

Regards
Neil C

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Programming with a synth Reply with quote

I presume you don't want to or can't afford to go down the PC/MAC route. Because if you did that would give you all kinds of possibilites including sequencing and audio recording.

You have quite a choice of hardware sequencers.
There are many other (recent and older) hardware sequencers.
The Atari ST (with sequencing software) is worth considering - I believe you can pick these up sometimes for about 20 or at least well under 50. That's one way of getting comprehensive MIDI sequencing for very cheap. If high portability or compactness are not crucial to you, then this is a prime option.
benny

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Programming with a synth Reply with quote

Thank you Neil C, but I think I will see for a keyboard/workstation with an integrated sequencer.
Thank you though.
DELETED

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Programming with a synth Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Programming with a synth Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Programming with a synth Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Programming with a synth Reply with quote

DELETED
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> BEGINNERS QUESTIONS All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: