which mastering tool?

Moderator: interruptor

I-man

which mastering tool?

Post by I-man » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:20 pm

Hello! Greetings! Give Thanks! <BR>guys, i got this one question here - while mixing dub tunes using DJ software i became to realize dat not all of my tracks have same level in terms of gain, volume, compression etc. I mean some of them are from net, some of them are CD's so dem a-sound different-some louder some not.... &#41; And if i got a mix -can i afterwards change it so it sounded like at one volume level all the time.....Some kind of a mastering tool, i guess that's what I'm looing for .... &#41; So what shoud i do? Thanks.

interruptor

which mastering tool?

Post by interruptor » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:59 am

hi! <BR>i assume you are creating a dj mixtape not a new dub track right? <BR> <BR>if possible you should try to adjust the tracks before mixing them together. an audio editor like audacity &#40;free&#41;, samplitude, soundforge or wavelab will help for this task. <BR> <BR>i assume also in your mixing software there are possibilities to adjust volume and equalizing of the tracks in the mix. <BR> <BR>repairing the finished mix is more difficult. you could open the whole mix in audacity and try to select single tracks and adjust them. but you will hear clicks at the beginning and end of your selected region.. alternatively you could try to apply some compressor plugin over the whole mix to lift up the lower tracks while not changing much on the loud ones. but getting each track right before mixing is definitely preferable.

I-man

which mastering tool?

Post by I-man » Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:05 am

Seen. <BR>Thanks alot, interruptor.

overstand

Post by overstand » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:50 pm

T-Racks is a good mastering tool if you know what you are doing. It also has a lot of presets it you don't :-) You also use Wavelab. Ideally, for mastering you shouls have an acoustically treated room and a decent set of monitors (e.g. genelec, dynaudio)

lisboainjersey

Post by lisboainjersey » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:43 pm

overstand wrote:T-Racks is a good mastering tool if you know what you are doing. It also has a lot of presets it you don't :-) You also use Wavelab. Ideally, for mastering you shouls have an acoustically treated room and a decent set of monitors (e.g. genelec, dynaudio)
Looks good man, i'll try the T-RackS out.

; )