DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jamrock snare sound?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> SAMPLES / LOOPS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TesMeNah

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Jamrock snare sound? Reply with quote

Im sure I recognise the snare sound from 'welcome to jamrock'. is it a famous drum machine sample? its not an eq'd Linn Drum snare is it?
interruptor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Jamrock snare sound? Reply with quote

i think it's just a typical acoustic snare sound. the original tune this song was derived from is "world a music" by Ini Kamoze, produced by sly&robbie for kamoze's debut album "ini kamoze" in 1984. since sly&robbie were the leading reggae production team at that time it is likely you have heard the same snare sound on other reggae tunes from the same period.
TesMeNah

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Jamrock snare sound? Reply with quote

thanks interruptor. I'm just going thru my old greensleeves 12's from 1982-84 ( yes I'm old :-) ). Stuff like Peter Metro & Sqiddly Ranking, Michael Prophet etc. and yes, it's the same sound. Must have just been the way it was recorded then. Sampled a nice snare which is just the thing im looking for off 'Fat She Fat' by John Holt.

Didnt realise Jamrock was a lift though, thanks for pointing it out.
interruptor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Jamrock snare sound? Reply with quote

yes.. even that vocal sample "out in the street they call it murder" is from ini kamoze's track. this is one of those cases where recycling really led to a new song. damian marley's lyrics are deeper than the original.
DELETED

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Jamrock snare sound? Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:18 am    Post subject: Jamrock snare sound? Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Jamrock snare sound? Reply with quote

DELETED
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> SAMPLES / LOOPS All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: