DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moog Taurus Bass Pedal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> INSTRUMENTS : BASS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nematod

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 2:35 pm    Post subject: Moog Taurus Bass Pedal Reply with quote

I just saw a gig and the band were using one of these , they are THE BIZ for bass and i dont say this lightly , its an oversized stompbox with sort of big keys stickin out and you step on them to play , the filter is the same as the minimoogs too. i really really need one of these ! i just hope big briar or someone reissues them . If anyone sees one for sale jump on it!! (apparently the mark II is Not worth getting though).
DC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 10:25 am    Post subject: Moog Taurus Bass Pedal Reply with quote

It seems like it's just a bass part of an organ.
Isn't it ?
johnp352

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 12:48 pm    Post subject: Moog Taurus Bass Pedal Reply with quote

used these for a while 25 years ago..i don't see their function in dub, though they are ok for pedal tones, etc. These days, for the collector pimp price of a set of "vintage" moog pedals, if you want to play something with your feet you'd be better off with a midi foot pedal board with a sampler hooked up to it.

But I always found that playing a keyboard synth bass...a mini, an sh 101 or their current versions, the novation line....was/is a lot easier than dancing around on pedals while trying to play bass guitar.

jp
chemouser

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:37 pm    Post subject: Moog Taurus Bass Pedal Reply with quote

Hiya!
Can anyone help me?
I'm looking to hire or buy a
Taurus 1or2.
Where can I go?
jed stone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: Moog Taurus Bass Pedal Reply with quote

Hi my name is Jed Stone. I am in england, but have a question. I recently read about using a Yamaha sampler to get the taurus sound. I have a set of Elka midi pedals (rare)and I am in reach of the forementioned sampler. Can anybody confirm it's the correct product. Contact jtonepromotions@musician.org
Neil C

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Moog Taurus Bass Pedal Reply with quote

Jed - there is, I think, nothing about the Yamaha samplers (now discontinued) that will allow you to get a better Taurus sound than by using any other suitable hardware sampler.
Apparently the Yamaha samplers had very good effects and sound manipluation facilties, but the load and save times were extremely high, the figures I read would make me steer well clear of them. They are also physically very large.
If you want a hardware sampler simply so you can simulate a Taurus pedal on stage I would suggest looking for something like a EMU esi 2000 / 32 or old Akai which you can pick up for quite cheap now (although you have to consider storage).
The only dedicated harware samplers still being made are the Akai Z samplers.

Of course a 'good' Taurus sound is going to depend what Taurus samples you can find to put into the sampler.

If you got a laptop you could run Spectrasonics Trilogy on that which has a selection of Taurus sounds.
Neil C

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Moog Taurus Bass Pedal Reply with quote

correction: There are also phrase samplers still being made, but they're not designed for the job in question.

And if you had a laptop you could also run one of the many software samplers (or suitable software synths on it).
Mike Zee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: Moog Taurus Bass Pedal Reply with quote

Neil, I am not 100% sure... but it looks like Akai's Z(s) gonna go as well, if not gone already.
I see them being discontinued in most music equipment stores.
I really think that hardware samplers' (as dedicated unit) time is up :(. I think samplers still will be as part of some sample-based/hybrid synth workstations, some groove production machines and some dj-gear (like mixers or phrase-samplers boxes).
well, we'll see...

but, if anybody wants a sampler and sees one available - get it now...before they are gone. Then e-bay will be the only store for them :)

/respects,
/Mike Zee aka Dr ZEE
ZEE DUB LAB

MZEntertainment.com
DELETED

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject: Moog Taurus Bass Pedal Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Moog Taurus Bass Pedal Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Moog Taurus Bass Pedal Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject: Moog Taurus Bass Pedal Reply with quote

DELETED
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> INSTRUMENTS : BASS All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: