DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Qualitative differences between drumdrops vol 1 and 2?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> SAMPLES / LOOPS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevin park

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Qualitative differences between drumdrops vol 1 and 2? Reply with quote

Hello fellow dubheads,

I was just wondering if anyone had experience listening to both volumes of the drumdrops dub dvd's, the multitracked ones. Basically I was wondering if there are any qualitative differences in drumming styles between the two. In other words, does one suit a particular type of dub more than the other? I'm interested in laying live instrumentation over the top and particularly like the type of dub found on those Blood and Fire compilations. Thanks!
interruptor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Qualitative differences between drumdrops vol 1 and 2? Reply with quote

some more info on the dvd can be found here:
http://reviews.dubroom.org/various0003.htm
the review by messian dread is so full of enthusiasm that it's hard to distuingish it from advertisement..

some sample tracks here:
http://www.drumdrops.com/index.jsp?p=PAGE-DOWNLOADS
Downpressor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject: Qualitative differences between drumdrops vol 1 and 2? Reply with quote

I own Drumdrops in Dub Vol 2, both the multitrack and loops disks. The quality of these is very good. The real differences are going to come in the drumming styles since Vol 1 is Horsemouth and Vol 2 is Style Scott. I chose Vol 2 since I personally prefer Style Scott's drumming tho what I heard of Vol 1 was good as well
interruptor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Qualitative differences between drumdrops vol 1 and 2? Reply with quote

i think it's the other way round. vol.1 is style scott.
see http://www.drumdrops.com/products.jsp
Downpressor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: Qualitative differences between drumdrops vol 1 and 2? Reply with quote

d'oh!
DELETED

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:21 am    Post subject: Qualitative differences between drumdrops vol 1 and 2? Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Qualitative differences between drumdrops vol 1 and 2? Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Qualitative differences between drumdrops vol 1 and 2? Reply with quote

DELETED
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> SAMPLES / LOOPS All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: