DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got me one a dem fishers!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> EFFECTS : REVERB : SPRING REVERB : FISHER K-10 SPACEXPANDER
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DiGiT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Got me one a dem fishers! Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5863999941&rd=1&sspagename=ST RK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

too much? i figured they are rare but maybe not...

i hope it does good things for my sound.
DiGiT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Got me one a dem fishers! Reply with quote

btw, what are the 3 pictures depicting? the amp, the tank, and the what? what is that last pic of?
interruptor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Got me one a dem fishers! Reply with quote

it's the remote control: one pot to control the amount of reverb added to the dry signal combined with an on/off switch
Neil C

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Got me one a dem fishers! Reply with quote

I got mine for about 120/$210 from ebay. Which I thought was quite lucky, but a couple of others seemed to go for around the same as that at the time.
Tube tip - if a tube glows red you need to change it.
Good luck with it. 26 seconds from the end, well sneaked in.

I was also lucky with my Mutron Bi-Phase (it got it for around 300), which turned out to be a purple one as well. I got up at 3.30am to be in at the end of bidding.
DiGiT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:09 am    Post subject: Got me one a dem fishers! Reply with quote

ya know its nice to have this unit, but are we all just going to sound the same? do jamaicans even appreciate this sound anymore? its certainly not out of the ordinary by now. i feel sorta like a collector or a nostalgia freak than a dub musician sometimes LOL!!! im not really a dub musician, but im trying to be. i wonder what it takes... do you have to be a rasta? or do you just have to love the sound... who knows?

i dont want to just go through the motions if ya know what im sayin. guess time will tell.
interruptor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Got me one a dem fishers! Reply with quote

in 1999 i asked for dub records at augustus pablos record shop in kingston. the person behind the counter said "yes i have dub" and pointed to ONE single dub album on display. then he advised me to go to London to buy Dub records.
- so i would say dub is almost forgotten in jamaica these days. most people will care even less about whether you use a fisher spring reverb or not.
there are dub lovers in many countries though that will like the original reverb sound of the seventies. unfortunately many of these will never buy a dub record that doesn't say king tubby or lee perry or scientist on it..
i don't think you need to be a rasta - neither tubby nor scientist were..
DiGiT

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Got me one a dem fishers! Reply with quote

woah. my post is gone.
interruptor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: Got me one a dem fishers! Reply with quote

??? which post?
DiGiT

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Got me one a dem fishers! Reply with quote

i typed a rather long post here last night and in the osbourne ruddock forum which you replied to... and theyre gone! lol!
interruptor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject: Got me one a dem fishers! Reply with quote

arrgh.. has that happened again? some weeks ago my hosting provider had to retrieve the whole site from a backup after a server crash - some messages were lost.
this time i didn't notice any crash though. (the site was accessible all the time as far as i know)
DiGiT

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Got me one a dem fishers! Reply with quote

woo hoo i got it! kick the amp baby! im jammin.
DiGiT

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Got me one a dem fishers! Reply with quote

wow this thing really has the reggae sound in it! my stuff sounds just like an old jamaican recording.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> EFFECTS : REVERB : SPRING REVERB : FISHER K-10 SPACEXPANDER All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: