DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good tube reccomendation for the spacexpander?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> EFFECTS : REVERB : SPRING REVERB : FISHER K-10 SPACEXPANDER
View previous topic :: View next topic  
josh elevator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Good tube reccomendation for the spacexpander? Reply with quote

i remember seeing some specific tube models mentioned but can't seem to find any on the board now. i haven't had to replace tubes so my knowledge is zero. anyone have any good experiences with specific tubes? thanks in advance. josh
Neil C

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Good tube reccomendation for the spacexpander? Reply with quote

The Spacexpander has the tube model codes printed next to the 3 tubes.
There are two ecc83/12ax7 tubes. ecc83 and 12ax7 are just 2 different names for the same thing. 12ax7 is the more commonly used designation.

There is one 7247.

I got my tubes (or valves as they are more commonly known in the UK) from Watford Valves in the UK (I'm in the UK). I can recommend them, and the guy there was very helpful with my questions. http://www.watfordvalves.com/home.asp

Watford valves list 18 different 12ax7 tubes - but have a description of each one. I think I went for the 8 Sovtek ones. The 7247 is less common with a choice of 2 on Watford Valves.

There are of course other tube sellers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> EFFECTS : REVERB : SPRING REVERB : FISHER K-10 SPACEXPANDER All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: