DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Delay Chips

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> EFFECTS : DELAY : ANALOG DELAY (NOT TAPE)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nematod

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject: Delay Chips Reply with quote

Hey DC,
you mentioned in another post you had BBD-based delays. I have ab mxr multifx , but the chips; SAD 4096's were fried. I replaced them with 1024s , which work nicely , but as you can imagine, a 4000ms delay would be preferable! :)
If you have any idea where I could get some 4096's , please email me offlist.
Peace,
Ronan.
Looter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:17 pm    Post subject: Delay Chips Reply with quote

BBD chips are something that has been of interest to me also as of late. After all, they are the heart of an analog delay box (unless of course we're talking about tape-based delay). I did some research on the panasonic MN3005 that my multivox delay is built around and found that this is one of the more venerable and sought-after chips that were used "back in the day".

www.analogman.com/parts.htm

you might try analogman.com, but it wouldn't be cheap.
nemaod

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 6:43 pm    Post subject: Delay Chips Reply with quote

Yeah , BBDs sound the business , unfortunately the 4096s were the cream of the crop , and are rarely seen anymore.
note that the MN series are still available, if you need replacements.

ATB, :R.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> EFFECTS : DELAY : ANALOG DELAY (NOT TAPE) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: