DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Basslines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> INSTRUMENTS : BASS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
delle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2001 7:02 pm    Post subject: Basslines Reply with quote

hi everybody

does anyone know if there's some archive that has some good reggae and dub basslines out there?
Mike Zee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2001 12:06 am    Post subject: Basslines Reply with quote

Hi delle,
first of all, sorry to say, but I personally don't know any site from top of my head to point out for you. You may want to try searching google.com , just type in something like 'reggae bass line to download' or something...
Also, what are you looking for? I guess you mean some audio-files, like recorded bass loops etc...
But then I thought maybe you are looking for midi-files/or notations ????
I know MD had some pretty cool archive of reggae/dub-reggae midi-files at dub-room, check it out, maybe you'll find something there.

Well, maybe other guys here will drop a tip where to find bass lines.

best regards,
respects,

Mike Zee
ZEE DUB LAB METAL DOOR DUB

MZEntertainment.com
interruptor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2001 1:03 am    Post subject: Basslines Reply with quote

probably the dub package from http://www.loopwise.com">loopwise.com
could help
see also this discussion:
link
Mike Zee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2001 3:27 pm    Post subject: Basslines Reply with quote

Yeah, loopwise is the one to check out.

Also if you thinking about actually buying some sampling CDs/CD-Roms, then check out THIS LINK to BigFishAudio
There you can see a few reggae/dub CDs, click on title and you'll get some idea about what's on it. BigFish got very good quality sample-CDs in general. I have a few which I got from them (not reggae, some other stuff, like hip-hop, some techno/dance etc...), you can also contact them, they'll be sending you catalog for the rest of your life , he he ;)... don't we just love catalogs :)?

best regards, guys,

and
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

/Mike Zee

MZEntertainment.com
Mike Zee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2001 3:32 pm    Post subject: Basslines Reply with quote

OK, soory, for thal link, above, I think it is not going to work from b-board.
Then you need just to go to bigfishaudio.com, and then cklick on Loops and the on Reggae and you will get to that page.

/later,

/Mike Zee

MZEntertainment.com
fujah

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:54 pm    Post subject: Basslines Reply with quote

if u use a basedrum , use a cheap microhones with compressor for your basedrum to have room !!!. for guitars u can buy pick-up microphoes - use them with crazy fx u can clip them on everything u can hit (great!!!) for example on the drumsticks,on your nose, on a rubber string !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> INSTRUMENTS : BASS All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: