DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ECHO LEVEL PROBLEMS (INTENSITY?)- HELP!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> EFFECTS : DELAY : TAPE DELAY : ROLAND (SPACE ECHO, 101, 301, ..)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
purevil

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: ECHO LEVEL PROBLEMS (INTENSITY?)- HELP! Reply with quote

So i was wondering wether you could give me a quick piece of advice? Basically i was attempting to service my space echo 101 last night with my teacher at college, we cleaned the heads and contact areas with alcohol swabs and they came up beautifully clean then the pincer wheel with soapy water. We then spliced a new tape together from quategy 1/4 tape the same length as the original( i think-please tell me if a bad measurement could be a problem) and loaded it up. Since playing it, you can hear an amazing difference of A)loss of quality and B)Loss of echo. Where originally i could turn the intensity up and get amazing waves of distorted delays, now even at full i get nothing! Could it be that the tape just isn't the right type-surely i dont need to use the original style rt1's or whatever they are called! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me out-i have a gig in about two weeks and i'm completely stumped!
interruptor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: ECHO LEVEL PROBLEMS (INTENSITY?)- HELP! Reply with quote

maybe you put in the tape with the wrong side towards the tape head? this would result in low or no sound..
there are already discussions on this board about replacement loops and what tape type to use. for example these:

hope this helps :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> EFFECTS : DELAY : TAPE DELAY : ROLAND (SPACE ECHO, 101, 301, ..) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: