DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sine Wave generators

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> EFFECTS : OTHER
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sidewinder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 3:15 am    Post subject: Sine Wave generators Reply with quote

I've seen both adrian Sherwood and Aba-Shanti using sine wave generator rack fx live, Can anyone recommend any ? Or where to get them from, as they make great siren style sound impact
HM

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:14 pm    Post subject: Sine Wave generators Reply with quote

Driven by pure curiosity, did he
use a shermann filterbank also ?

HM
sidewinder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 1:03 am    Post subject: Sine Wave generators Reply with quote

Nope, no Sherman on display.
But I can definitely hear it being used on Sherwood's new album...
aleph

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 11:09 pm    Post subject: Sine Wave generators Reply with quote

About sherman filterbank ,I've tried it quikly
and couldn't get a no oversatured sound.
Was it my fault or this overdrive cannot be
bypassed?
interruptor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 2:50 pm    Post subject: Sine Wave generators Reply with quote

We had some discussions about dedicated dub sirens here allready but you are talking about rackmount units. Are these like the ones used in electronic/scientific laboratories?
Neil C

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Sine Wave generators Reply with quote

In an article in 'Future Music' June 2003 Adrian Sherwood says:

(I've got) ' all these weird machines that just make quirky noises. Some of them I've had specially made. I've got a couple of machines that generate pure sine waves'...'one of them was made by a mate of mine'...'you can trigger it from a drum foot pedal, so you can add it to a bass drum for a bit of extra punch.'
DELETED

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: Sine Wave generators Reply with quote

DELETED
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> EFFECTS : OTHER All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: