DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

That strange sound in Jimmy Cliff's "Treat the youth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> SAMPLES / LOOPS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raqType

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2001 12:16 pm    Post subject: That strange sound in Jimmy Cliff's "Treat the youth Reply with quote

in the righthand channel, kinda like a dog coughing
Please explain to me what it is and tell me where I can find some good samples of this,
here's a small 68 kB clip:
http://home01.wxs.nl/~burge635/audio/sound.mp3

raq
Mike Zee

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2001 8:33 pm    Post subject: That strange sound in Jimmy Cliff's "Treat the youth Reply with quote

he he, :)
what ever it is, really hard to say from so short clip. It may be a voice sample, it could be a simple vocal-move, could be a short sample sequenced (or played), or choped and delayed ??? hmmmm, I don't know. I think to get a similar thing, you can just grab a mic, do some ho-ohh-cough(s), and sample something out ouf it.., don't think you need a dog for this.:)

/mike zee

MZEntertainment.com
meussai

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2001 11:44 pm    Post subject: That strange sound in Jimmy Cliff's "Treat the youth Reply with quote

this sound seems to be produced by this special latin percussion called guiro or something like that (like in marley's hit could you be loved). You can find it easily in every latin percs sample cd.
raqType

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 9:58 am    Post subject: That strange sound in Jimmy Cliff's "Treat the youth Reply with quote

not it's nit it's a cuica

http://www.qub.ac.uk/pas/sa/resources/Samba/PAGE8_cuica.HTML

for a sample:
http://www.cuica.com/about.html

now I'll have to find a good soundfont

thanks for trying

raq
nonreg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: That strange sound in Jimmy Cliff's "Treat the youth Reply with quote

Authentication Error

Your username/password combination was invalid, or you do not have permission to post to this topic. You may revise your username and password using the form at the bottom of this page.
DELETED

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: That strange sound in Jimmy Cliff's "Treat the youth Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: That strange sound in Jimmy Cliff's "Treat the youth Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: That strange sound in Jimmy Cliff's "Treat the youth Reply with quote

DELETED
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> SAMPLES / LOOPS All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: