DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is the correlation between Jungle and Dub?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> BEGINNERS QUESTIONS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John M Ellison IV

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:49 pm    Post subject: What is the correlation between Jungle and Dub? Reply with quote

Dub and Jungle sound like two totally different things. How can people compare the two? I'm confused severely.
Mike Zee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: What is the correlation between Jungle and Dub? Reply with quote

Dub and Jungle sound like two totally different things...
That's 'cos they are...
You are not confused... trust your ears ;-).

/respects,
/MZ aka Dr ZEE
Z-DUB-LUB

MZEntertainment.com
HM

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: What is the correlation between Jungle and Dub? Reply with quote

I seccond Mike,.. what confuses is maybe that
Techno, Acid, Trance, and Jungle-artists miss-
uses the word DUB to describe their own music

But their music has no skank, no reggae root,

It´s another culture

HM
HM

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: What is the correlation between Jungle and Dub? Reply with quote

se this

HM
Mike Zee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: What is the correlation between Jungle and Dub? Reply with quote

...and more 'thoughtful' of them kindly use word 'dubby' instead ..., where the word "Dubby" may mean absolutely anything - what ever they may taste in their drink at the moment.....
Actually I was sort of trying to avoid another 'what is dub' "conversation". We just went so many times through this again and again. It's time to get used to it...I guess :)

HM, btw... , speaking of 'using words', I must say that "techno" may be No1 needlessly missused word of all times by vary non-techno musicians (from rock through classical, where people are actually generally well educated..hah hah ). For many Artists, musicians, producers, fans, writers, reviewers, commentators etc "Techno" is simply a word of curse and damnation for anything modern, non-real, computerized, technological...or simply bad ...lol

/MZ aka Dr. ZEE

MZEntertainment.com
HM

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: What is the correlation between Jungle and Dub? Reply with quote

>> trying to avoid another
>>'what is dub' "conversation".

LOL, so was I, at least I managed to use
the short version, post a link insteadt,
and as if that was´nt enough: I did it
the way the boss told me (formatting)

BIB BIB ,.....
audioforge

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: What is the correlation between Jungle and Dub? Reply with quote

early jungle(1995/1997) was: pure reggae dub bass lines with jamaican ragga toast .and jungle breakbeat.all theses mixed in a dub fashion. theses tunes were the most innovatives since king tubby.(technically speacking) . audioforge.
Mike Zee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: What is the correlation between Jungle and Dub? Reply with quote

pure reggae dub bass lines with jamaican ragga toast .and jungle breakbeat.all theses mixed in a dub fashion.
Audioforge, that's true.... not all of it thou..., but REGGAE was the body from which junglists-dance-floor djs were sucking jueces from :), that's for sure....
Dub-fashion? Yep. And FASHION that IS! nothing more... If I dress myself into military uniform, jump on stage with my bass guitar and do my twists - I am still going to be an entertainer Dr. ZEE but it will not turn me into special force comando ... But, yeah, man, I sure will be 'in style'n'fashion... :)
HM, heh heh .... Be short ;-), preservation is good policy of our time...good for environment too. I love the way you've saved an extra 'e' in 'see' .... why waste? good going ..LOL!
Well...why not? Let 'what is dub' talkin' roll. People will never stop play poker. Same game...different players. Always fun

/respects,
MZ aka Dr ZEE

MZEntertainment.com
HM

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: What is the correlation between Jungle and Dub? Reply with quote

hmm, ups,(in danish see = se), even the best fails

anyway we should insteadt

Guess I´am to tired now

HM
John Ellison IV

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: What is the correlation between Jungle and Dub? Reply with quote

Jeez, I started a big ass debate...lol thanks alot guys.
DELETED

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: What is the correlation between Jungle and Dub? Reply with quote

DELETED
MotorMind

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: What is the correlation between Jungle and Dub? Reply with quote

To me, Dub and Jungle are simply offshoots from the same tree. I don't have any problem listening to dub and jungle tracks intermingled, since they share a lot of the same vibe. Of course dub is the daddy.. but jungle has matured quite nicely!

In the end, it's all music!
DELETED

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: What is the correlation between Jungle and Dub? Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:18 am    Post subject: What is the correlation between Jungle and Dub? Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: What is the correlation between Jungle and Dub? Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: What is the correlation between Jungle and Dub? Reply with quote

DELETED
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> BEGINNERS QUESTIONS All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: