DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scientist Interview

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> OTHER GENERAL DUB TOPICS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klaus5

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Scientist Interview Reply with quote

http://www.unitedreggae.com/articles/n212/092408/interview-scientist

I was unaware of the things Scientists alleges reguarding copyrights adn royalties until reading the interview. Sad sad stuff.

At least it makes me feel ok about (illegally) downloading lots of Scientist albums, if the man himself wouldnt get any money from it anyway.
Zutao Premium Dub

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think even though people make money off his back, Scientist has well and truly set the record straight with this interview and many others. Particularly about the false attributions to 'King Tubby and the Roots Radics', as well as Jammy, and the business about weed in the studio and his opposition to the use of his music in a violent video game. It's a similar story to Lee Scratch Perry. At the beginning people make a little bit of money from stealing, but eventually all the credit goes to the right man. I'm sure the future will give Scientist and/or his estate a good chance of a legal claim against Greensleeves and others. Even if it doesn't, history will record accurately.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> OTHER GENERAL DUB TOPICS All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: