DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting started...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> BEGINNERS QUESTIONS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guitarfluke

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Getting started... Reply with quote

Hi I am new to the forum! Very excited to find this forum and have been learning a lot from here in the past two weeks! Got a few questions regarding if I already own the equipment I need, or do I need to save some money up to buy them...

I play in a roots reggae band, I play some guitar, bass, keys, and melodica. I have a Zoom MRS-802 (http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/mrs802/) which takes care of my needs for recording some preliminary tracks and bring to band practice.

My friend gave me a mixing board some time ago, a Yamaha PM400. I have no knowledge as if it would be the kind of mixing board I can use for dub. I am thinking it would not work as it does not have aux send or direct out. I tried to learn more about this mixer, but I could not find the manual or too much info the web.

Also have a opportunity to buy a TOA RXA-212, which I also could not find too much info online. Here is the link to the manual http://www.toaelectronics.com/disc/manuals/RXA-212_216.pdf

I read from the dub basics section and think the gear I absolutely need would be a mixer and a recording device. I wonder anyone might know about these equipment, (Zoom MRS-802, Yamaha PM-400, or the TOA RXA-212) would be, and be able to give me some advice if they would work for dubbing.....

Many thanks!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> BEGINNERS QUESTIONS All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: