DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electro Harmonix smallstone phaser?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> EFFECTS : PHASER AND FLANGER
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 3:47 pm    Post subject: Electro Harmonix smallstone phaser? Reply with quote

HI

Can anyone tell me if this phaser pedal is any god for dub or if there is a relatively cheap alternative to look at?

I know there is an older silver and red model and a newer red and black one, but not if there is any difference between the two internally.

Any help greatfully received

Thanks

Starry
interruptor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:31 am    Post subject: Electro Harmonix smallstone phaser? Reply with quote

different people on this board seem to like the small stone. check these messages:
1, 2, 3

also the green boss super phaser pedal was suggested several times:
1, 2,
Looter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:05 pm    Post subject: Electro Harmonix smallstone phaser? Reply with quote

Look at the user reviews at Harmony Central! I've never seen so many before! Don't have a Small Stone myself, but it sounds like a well-liked phaser with a vintage vibe so, yes, it could be good for dub.

As for what makes something good for dubbing or not, it's all relative. YOU have to ask yourself what's good for making YOUR dub. I think if you just ask about one machine in particular you'll only get opinions and you should study more the design of a phaser (how many stages, etc) and judge from there.
Starry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 2:12 am    Post subject: Electro Harmonix smallstone phaser? Reply with quote

thanks for your help, people

Yes, I would love a mutron, but the budget will
only stretch to a small stone
- I used to have one years ago for guitar and remember it being v nice

Cheers

Starry
aleph

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:49 pm    Post subject: Electro Harmonix smallstone phaser? Reply with quote

I found this small tone really good using it directly with your guitar
but it's really hard to use it with a mixdeck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> EFFECTS : PHASER AND FLANGER All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: