DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spacexpander does not work - please help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> EFFECTS : REVERB : SPRING REVERB : FISHER K-10 SPACEXPANDER
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JB Sepia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:57 pm    Post subject: Spacexpander does not work - please help Reply with quote

Hi!
i just bought a spacexpander "kit" everything is original, but i can`t make it reverberate, the audio signal goes through the preamp, so when i set the switch on it to "normal" it sends back a signal, but when i set it to "reverb only"i get nothing.
The tank makes thunder sounds when i shake it so that works too, and i get a small buzz when i connect the cable that goes from "to input" to "input" that probably means that works too, the potentiometer only adds hiss noise (quite a lot of it) when i turn it all the way up, no reverb... can somebody please help!! thank you
Dubalator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Spacexpander does not work - please help Reply with quote

Hey all. I just got myself a spacexpander and I am having the exact same problem (except I don't have the potentiometer). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
interruptor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Spacexpander does not work - please help Reply with quote

without potentiometer there will be no reverb.

here is how to make one

bless
Dubalator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:22 am    Post subject: Spacexpander does not work - please help Reply with quote

Hey, thanks for the advice about adding the potentiometer to the Spacexpander. However, I did what you said and it still didn't work. It did add some buzz, which seems like a good thing because I know the Spacexpanders are supposed to be noisy.
Possibly I am wiring the potentiometer wrong, but I tried a few diferent combinations. The sliding contact is the middle one, correct?
In your explanation, you said that the other two contacts from the plug go into the ring contacts, but the way I am familiar with stereo plugs, is that there is a tip contact, a ring contact, and a sleve contact. Does it make a difference where on the plug the two other contacts from the pot go?
I'm incredibly thankful for your help, and for your efforts in having the website and message board. Oh yea, and great music too.
interruptor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject: Spacexpander does not work - please help Reply with quote

ok.. i probably used the wrong terms. the sliding contact goes to the tip. the two other contacts go to the ring and to the sleeve (that's what i meant with "second ring") if you swap the ring and the sleeve i guess your pot will work in the opposite way - i.e. turn counterclockwise to get more reverb.

if this still does not work i can't help. maybe you really have a defect in the circuit. try to find a radio repair guy who can check it
in this case show him the schematic in the user manual.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> EFFECTS : REVERB : SPRING REVERB : FISHER K-10 SPACEXPANDER All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: